MarketAxess to Offer Its Trading Platform in Quebec
April 24, 2012
MarketAxess Opens Office in São Paulo
April 10, 2012
MarketAxess is Approved to Trade Local Currency Debt in Brazil
January 18, 2012
In the Winter 2013 issue of Best Execution, MarketAxess' Sandy White highlights investor appetite for electronic trading in the local and external debt markets in Latin America.Download the PDF
Axess Daily is a complimentary daily news publication provided by MarketAxess in partnership with Dow Jones Newswires. To stay in touch with the corporate bond market and latest news, take advantage of this great service and sign up today! Subscribe here:
MarketAxess offers electronic trading of local and external debt for institutional firms based in the U.S., Latin America and Canada.
MarketAxess is an industry leader in the electronic trading of global fixed income products, including U.S. high-grade, high yield, emerging markets, agencies, European bonds and credit default swaps (CDS).
Institutional investors and dealers located in the Americas can request competitive, executable bids or offers from multiple market-makers simultaneously, and execute trades with the firm of their choice. The fully-electronic request-for-quote (RFQ) and click-to-trade (CTT) technologies help to increase competition, reduce errors and increase efficiency compared to traditional trading methods like phone trading, messaging and e-mail communication.
For Institutional Fixed Income Market Participants in Latin America:
MarketAxess is the most active, independent trading platform for emerging market debt trading. With the opening of its new office in São Paulo, Brazil, MarketAxess is expanding its emerging markets trading network to better serve emerging market customers.
- Trade Brazil and Mexico corporate and sovereign external debt, the fastest growing segments on the MarketAxess emerging markets trading platform
- Debt trading denominated in all major Latin American currencies including BRL, ARS, COP, PEN, UYU, CLP, and MXN
- Emerging Market (EM) single-name credit default swaps (CDS) and EM CDS index trading with live streaming prices from 10 global dealers for EM CDS indices
- Access to U.S. corporate debt and European corporate and sovereign debt
- Access to European and Asian credit trading via the emerging markets Actives® page – the institutional investor's portal to the market from which trades can be initiated with 30 liquidity-providing EM dealers
- Dynamic trade inquiry routing to dealer trading desks based in New York, London, São Paulo, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Singapore, Warsaw, Budapest, Moscow, Dubai and Istanbul
For Institutional Fixed Income Market Participants in Canada:
MarketAxess received regulatory approval in 2012 from the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) to operate its trading platform in Quebec, Canada. MarketAxess has been operating in Ontario since 2008.
Institutional investors in Ontario and Quebec can trade U.S. dollar-denominated products such as U.S. high-grade, high yield, emerging markets, agencies, asset-backed securities; Euro-denominated corporate and sovereign debt, as well as credit default swaps (CDS) on the MarketAxess trading platform.
MarketAxess offers CDS single-name and index trading for U.S., European, and emerging markets products. Currently, ten global broker-dealers are streaming live, executable pricing for CDS indices. As a result of the proposed regulatory framework in the U.S. under the Dodd-Frank Act, MarketAxess plans to register and operate as a swap execution facility (SEF) for CDS trading. Learn more ON CDS Reform.